How to increase online sales? Part 4.
SEO optimization is a broad concept that is ultimately very simple. It is the use of tools that will move the article to the top of the search results.
In this article, you will read how to write articles so that people do not leave your website, but rather stay on the website, or buy your products and leave feedback.
If you’re using Google, Yahoo and so, to find information, then you’re searching for information by keyword. Search engine optimization (SEO) are practices that include techniques, tactics, and tools to increase site traceability and organic traffic.
For example, you are looking for a company that will create a website for you at an affordable price in your location. You will probably enter something like “Prague website creation” into the search engine, you expect maximum performance from the search engine, and the information you are looking for.
Sure, you’ve already encountered a situation where you opened one of the first links in a search results, but you closed the website quickly because the website didn’t answer your questions.
WARNING! If people are leaving your website frequently, your website is a “garbage” for search engines and moves it down the rankings.
Selection of topics and keywords
Before writing an article, do a research. You will find out what you want in the article and where you will search for information.
You can create keyword analysis using the tools you find through the search engine. The analysis will show you several key phrases that match your assignment. You can also notice the findability of individual phrases in the individual fields.
Do not enter the keyword a hundred times in the text, but it should be included depending on the length of the text. For example, if you have a text with a length of 2 standard pages (hereinafter SP) an adequate number is:
- 1* in the title;
- 1* in perex;
- 1-2* location in H2, possibly in H3;
- 1* placement in meta description;
- 1* location in the ALT attribute of the image.
The reader is interested in the quality of the information you pass on to him. Therefore, focus only on the complete information, but in no case use the text without relevant information. If you beat around the bush in the article for a long time, there is almost 100% certainty that your reader will leave! The search engine will immediately evaluate your website as poor quality, and moves it down the rankings. Of course you don’t want that, so just provide information without unnecessary words!
A quality article that carries full information and is readable to readers is around 1-2SP. If you want to publish an article about 5 SP, try to divide the article into 2-3 parts. The reader will have a reason to return to your website and the articles will be better organized. There are topics, for which the topic can include 2-4SP, it mainly concerns professional or informative texts, which should be kept in a single article for complete content.
- Follow the title hierarchy – it can be misleading for readers if you have the meta title (H1) at the same level as the H2 or H3 headings.
- Length of paragraphs – paragraph should never be longer than five lines, because the text will be confusing for readers.
- Set clear rules:
- abbreviations or not (it is unattractive, if you write once the aka and the second time the also known as);
- observe even numerical markings, numerically or textually but never combinations.
- Bring the text to life with bullets, numbering or a table – the article is much clearer and more fun for readers.
- Highlight the important words with bold – it is proven that most of the population does not read the full text. The reader first makes an overview, scrolling through the website, over the sentences highlighted by bold, to see if he can find the information he is looking for.
In this article, we introduced you to the rules according to which SEO optimization works and how the article should look clear and readible. In the next article, we will introduce you to the essentials that the article should contain before the publication.
If you are interested in anything, do not hesitate to write, we will answer all your questions as soon as possible.